The Engineering Technology Centre based at Daresbury Laboratory has expertise, capabilities and facilities in:
- Project Management expertise, working within the ETC's BSI accreditied ISO9001:2008 Total Quality Management System.
- Expertise in delivering High Precision Motion Control and Positioning Systems with nanometre resolution.
- Vacuum Systems expertise, delivering systems operating to UHV and XUV standards.
- High Performance DC and Pulse power consultancy with a diverse range of power ratings and Ultra fast DI/DT applications.
- Control systems expertise, including EPICS (Experimental Physics and Industrial Control System).
- Providing systems software and drivers for real-time operating systems.
- High-Integrity Personnel Protection Systems, plant interlock and protection.
- Capabilities in Computer Aided Design, Advanced Visualisation and Finite Element Analysis of structural, thermal and vibration systems.
- Survey and Alignment capabilities that include Laser Tracker, Autocollimator, Total Station and Precision Levels enabling precise alignment of complex instruments.
- Electrical Engineering System Integration including AC distribution and power quality analysis, Plant to Control System interface specification and design with complete functional assembly.
- Complex power electronics inovation utilising schematic simulation to create unique solutions and enhance scientific research.
- Precision Engineering Manufacture facilities that include CAD/CAM, CNC, Rapid Prototyping using ABS plastic, Inspection, Metrology and Calibration.
- Facilities for vacuum cleaning, bakeout and residual gas analysis.
- Calibrated Ultra Low Particulate ISO 4 (class 10) cleanrooms.
- Large capacity assembly areas with 30T overhead crane coverage for large systems integration.
Projects and Mechanical Engineering
Tel: +44 (0)1925 603 269
Controls Systems and Safety Interlocks
Tel: +44 (0)1925 603 769
Tel: +44 (0)1925 603 154
Technical, Mechanical and Vacuum Engineering
Tel: +44 (0)1925 603 371