The Centre is located at the Science and Technology Facilities Council’s (STFC’s) Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, near Oxford in the UK and consists of a group of experienced microelectronics specialists who form an integral component of the microelectronics design capability of STFC and additionally provide essential services to more than 600 academic institutions across Europe.
We specialise in a wide-range of design-styles, applications and implementation technologies, including:
- Analogue and mixed-signal IC design
- Digital IC design including use of the smallest geometry IC technologies
- System-on-a-chip design methodologies
- Integrated Photonics
- High-level system design methodologies including embedded systems (hardware/software co-design)
- ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) and FPGA
- Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) and System-in-Package (SiP)
- Semiconductor modelling / Technology CAD (TCAD)
The Microelectronics Centre is dedicated to supporting and enabling the widespread use of modern electronic design techniques and facilitates this by offering a comprehensive range of services including technical consultancy, access to industry-leading electronic design tools and specialist training courses.
By creating a common infrastructure built on industry standard design tools and flows, coupled with advanced training and support, we enable microelectronics design research and teaching which is relevant to industry’s needs and ideal for collaborative projects.