Imaging sensors are an essential part of all detector instruments. Converting particle interactions into electronic signals to be analysed, they are revolutionising the way we look at natural phenomena.
The Detector Centre will have a wide detector technology offering. It will endeavour to do this by the most effective means possible. This may be by partnership with university groups, internally from STFC or by strategic agreement with technology vendors.
- Ionisation Detectors
- Proportional Counting Detectors
- Scintillation based Detectors
- Photomultiplier Tubes and Photo Diodes
- Silicon pixel and strip detectors
- Spectroscopy Detectors
- Germanium based systems
- High-Z based Direct conversion Detectors